ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S BEST GREY NURSE SHARK DIVES!
Half day trip (double dive)
- 2 shark dives with the endangered Grey Nurse Shark (up to 25 sharks!)
- Experienced dive guide. Our maximum ratio is one dive guide to six divers
- Baked goods, fruit, and anzac biscuits during your surface interval (soup in Winter months)
|$30||HIRE 2 x Air Tanks (200BAR Aluminium) & weights|
|$80||HIRE All mandatory equipment: Air tanks, weights, BC, regulator, computer, wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins, boots, safety sausage and whistle.|
|$10||PURCHASE Basic Gloves|
INDIVIDUAL HIRE ITEMS:
|$15||Air aluminium tank (200BAR)|
|$20||Air steel tank (200BAR)|
|$30||Air steel tank (300BAR)|
|$30||Nitrox 32% aluminium tank (200BAR)|
|$25||Regulator and Computer|
|$10||Mark, Snorkel, Fins, Boots|
BOOK ONLINE and SAVE $10 – enter promo code ‘happydays’. If you’re a dive professional (Dive Master, Assistant Instructor, Instructor, etc) BOOK ONLINE and SAVE 20% – enter promo code ‘divepro’
SCHEDULED TRIP DEPARTURES
DIVING CONDITIONS (weather)
View our diving conditions forecast page.
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are located on the water
- It is a short 20 minute boat ride from The Wharf, Mooloolaba
- Full use of our loading zone to unload your equipment (directly in front of our shop)
- Free all day parking is available
- Full use of wash up facilities, toilet, hot shower and storage area
- Family owned and operated since 1979
- Our team has a collective total of over 3000 dives
A little about the shark dive experience….
As divers descend through the clear waters to a landing between 15 and 18 metres (perfect for newly certified divers) they will see Grey Nurse Sharks circling. It’s not uncommon to see up to 25 Grey Nurse Sharks on one dive!
You’re not in a cage and these beautiful sharks aren’t aggressive in anyway. Find out more about Grey Nurse Sharks.
The dive lasts about 50 minutes and provides divers and ‘shark lovers’ award winning photo and video opportunities. After the hour long surface interval where delicious food and refreshments are served, the dive is repeated.
- Save time, fill in our online boat waiver before you arrive for your dives. You only need to fill in one waiver every 12 months
- The time listed on your confirmation email or an SMS it is when you need to meet at Scuba World, not the time our boat departs. You do not need to arrive early to get fitted out for hire equipment. The boat departs 1 HOUR after you arrive.
- Grey Nurse Shark dives are regularly scheduled
- Suitable for Open Water Divers (certified to 18 metres)
- You need to have dived from a boat and completed at least 1 dive to 12 metres. If you have not done this contact us.
- Depth ranges from 15 – 18 metres
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Guide proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 50 minutes
- EAN (nitrox) is available
- Diving by yourself? We will buddy you up with another diver with similar experience
- Up to 25 Grey Nurse Sharks on one dive
- Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DIVE? YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE A POOL ‘CHECK OUT’ DIVE. TO FIND OUT MORE CLICK HERE.