(SISOSCB304A) – NAVIGATE PRESCRIBED ROUTES UNDERWATER
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality Navigation course in Australia! Scuba World is also the only dive shop in Australia that is an Aqualung Partner Centre and Scuba Schools International (SSI) Diamond Dive Centre. This is the highest achievable level worldwide.
Our mission is simple; Create safe, comfortable, enthusiastic divers who always have a personal & enjoyable experience at Scuba World.
|Have you ever asked yourself, “How does my instructor manage to find the way back to the exit point or to the boat?” If so, the NAVIGATION course is what you need to learn this skill for yourself.The NAVIGATION course will teach you to navigate with a compass and how to apply natural navigation skills.You will also learn to estimate distances, navigate different search patterns, find your way to different marking points, and be able to get back to the exit point at any time.|
The primary goal of any SSI Specialty course is to teach you important skills in a fun environment. All courses are taught using home study, short academic sessions, and in-water training.
Your SSI Navigation Instructor will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment (SISOSCB304A)
- Internationally recognised certification card (on completion of course)
- Specialty instructor two ocean boat dives
- Two ocean boat dives to the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs
- All course materials
- Tanks and weights
Day 1 | 9:00am – 6:00pm: Academic session, practice navigation skills on land, double dive on the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs and finalise paperwork
2018 COURSE DATES:
- Sunday 21st of October
- Sunday 23rd of December
A certified SSI Navigation Diver has the knowledge and skills to comfortably navigate underwater without requiring a dive guide.
- Hire equipment is an additional cost. To hire an Aqualung regulator with computer, Aqualung BCD and wet suit is $55 for the day.
- A minimum of two divers is required to start this course
- Price subject to change without notice