Scuba World’s Dive Master Course is your gateway to working in the diving industry.
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality course in Australia!
Our mission is simple; Create safe, comfortable, enthusiastic divers who always have a personal and enjoyable experience at Scuba World.
SSI Dive Masters can lead and guide certified divers. Additionally, after passing the Snorkeling Instructor program, a Dive Master can teach and issue Snorkeling certifications. Dive Masters can assist SSI Instructors with pool/confined water and open water training under the direct supervision of an SSI Instructor. This brings valued experience for all future diving carriers!
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Own a Total Diving System of professional type and quality.
- Have a current medical exam for scuba diving not older than 1 year and signed by a licensed medical practitioner.
- Logged a total of at least 40 open water dives
- Hold an Advanced Open Water certification or equivalent
- Hold a Stress/ Rescue certification or equivalent
PRICE: $1,495 (payment plan available)
- Instructor Trainer to complete your course
- All course materials
- Internationally recognised certification card
- Internationally recognised certificate
- 10 x boat trips
- Professional indemnity insurance
- SSI professional payment ($110)
- Commercial dive medical (roughly $150). This is required once every 12 months to stay current as a dive professional
SCHEDULE & STRUCTURE:
The schedule of your course will be organised when you have a personal orientation with a staff member. This will be suited to fit your needs.
This course takes roughly 50 hours.
- After passing the Dive Master course Candidates may do the following:
- Give underwater tours to certified divers.
- Teach Snorkelling after having passed the Snorkelling Instructor module and issue Snorkel Diver certifications
- Assist as an assistant to Instructors
Dive Master Candidates may not:
- Conduct or teach any SSI training programs for non-certified divers independently
- If you aren’t competent after 10 boat trips you’ll be required to complete additional trips. This will be charged at $90 per trip (normally $179)
- All candidates must be able to complete the watermanship evaluation. This requires you to do the following:
- 800m snorkel not using arms while neutrally buoyant in less than 15 minutes
- 400m swim with a total dive system while breathing from a snorkel in less than 14 minutes
- 300m swim in less than 10 minutes
- 15 minute survival float in only swim wear
- 20m underwater swim without any swimming aids such as fins or mask.