AUSTRALIA’S #1 ARTIFICIAL WRECK DIVE!
The EX-HMAS Brisbane Conservation Park
Why Book with Us?
- We guarantee trips Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday regardless of numbers. If you are the ONLY person booked, we will still take you out. Weather permitting of course
- Spend the 1-hour surface interval in the calm waters of Mooloolah River or behind Mudjimba Island. This ensures a relaxing environment to enjoy delicious food & refreshments. We are the only operator that provides this service.
- Our dive vessel is located less than a 40m walk from the dive shop
- It is a short 30-minute boat ride from our dive shop
- Full use of our 4 onsite car parks to unload your equipment (5 metres from equipment assembly area)
- 100+ Free all-day parking is available
- Full use of wash-up facilities, toilet, hot shower and storage area
- Lot’s of space to set up and wash up
- We are very conservative in regard to dive conditions. We will always check with you before coming to ensure the conditions suit your personal capabilities.
- Family owned and operated for more than 40 years
- Our team has a collective total of over 3000 dives on the wreck
Half-day trip (double dive)
- 2 dives on ex-HMAS Brisbane
- Gourmet refreshments during the surface interval (savoury danish, selection of homemade deluxe biscuits, fruit, cappuccino/chai latte, and hot gourmet soup)
- Hot scented face towel (winter months only)
- Calm surface interval (we do not stay on-site)
|$30||HIRE 2 x Air Tanks (200BAR Aluminium) & weights|
|$100||HIRE All mandatory equipment: Air tanks, weights, BC, regulator, computer, wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins, boots, torch, safety sausage and whistle.|
INDIVIDUAL HIRE ITEMS:
|$15||Air aluminium tank (200BAR)|
|$20||Air steel tank (200BAR)|
|$30||Air steel tank (300BAR)|
|$30||Nitrox 32% aluminium tank (200BAR)|
|$30||Regulator and Computer|
|$17.5||Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots|
|$5||Surface Marker Buoy (Safety Sausage)|
BOOK ONLINE and SAVE $10 – enter promo code ‘happy days. If you’re a dive professional (Dive Master, Assistant Instructor, Instructor, etc) BOOK ONLINE and SAVE 10% – enter promo code ‘divepro’
GUARANTEED TRIP DEPARTURES (regardless of minimum numbers)
- Monday & Friday (meet 8:00am, finish 1:00pm)
- Saturday & Sunday (meet 7am, finish 12pm OR meet 11:30am, finish 4:30pm)
*Dive times are subject to change without notice.
Make it an experience and dive HMAS Brisbane when it suits you! If you prefer to dive an alternate day, we require a minimum of five divers to run.
Diving Conditions (weather)
View our diving conditions forecast page.
A little about the marine life….
As you approach the forward gun, clownfish dash from their colourful, cascading anemones to greet Scuba World’s excited divers; blue and green wrasse join the celebration in a colourful display. Watch Out! Copious octopus eyes watch your every move; scorpion fish smoothly disguise themselves in the all-encompassing coral growth, concealing every inch of the mighty warship. Can YOU uncover their magnificent camouflage abilities?
Venture inside to find majestic lion fish and puffers graciously moving with the gentle flow of the ocean. Massive schools of shiny bait fish part way as you swim through the spacious, awe inspiring sanctum that is the engine and boiler room. Will you jump with fright coming face to face with one of the many, massive, mysterious Queensland Groupers within the wreck?
The sandy sea floor is home to flathead, hermit crabs, the occasional lazy leopard shark or shovel nose ray and spectacular soaring bull rays. As you begin your graceful ascent to the warm rays of the surface, pelagic fish keep guard and batfish crowd around for the opportunity to play in your massaging bubbles.
Diving experts agree that the ex HMAS Brisbane is one of the best prepared ships to be scuttled anywhere in the world, creating a diving haven and magnificent artificial reef system. Have you been down on our wreck? Dive HMAS Brisbane to see this amazing site for yourself!
HMAS Brisbane Dive Information
- Save time, fill in our online boat waiver before you arrive for your dives. You only need to fill in one waiver every 12 months
- The time listed on your confirmation email or an SMS it is when you need to meet at Scuba World, not the time our boat departs. You do not need to arrive early to get fitted out for hire equipment. The boat departs 1 HOUR after you arrive.
- Trips to dive ex-HMAS Brisbane are scheduled everyday
- Suitable for Open Water Certified Divers (certified to 18 metres)
- You need to have dived from a boat and completed at least 1 dive to 12 metres. If you have not done this call our shop on (07) 54448595 or send us an email before you book online.
- Wreck certification is not a requirement to dive this site
- Depth ranges from 6 – 28 metres
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Guide proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 50 minutes
- EAN (nitrox) is available
- Diving by yourself? We will buddy you up with another diver with similar experience
- Over 350 species of recorded fish life
- Over 1,000 species of recorded of marine life
- More in-depth information about the ex-HMAS Brisbane
- Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DIVE? YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE A POOL ‘CHECK OUT’ DIVE. TO FIND OUT MORE CLICK HERE.