ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S TOP FIVE DIVE SITES!
The Ex-HMAS Brisbane.
|Half day trip (double dive)|
|$179||No equipment required|
|$199||Hiring tanks & weights|
|$269||*Hiring all mandatory equipment|
- 2 dives on ex-HMAS Brisbane
- Experienced dive guide. Our maximum ratio is one dive guide to six divers
- Baked goods, fruit, and anzac biscuits during your surface interval (soup in Winter months)
- Conservation Park fee ($8)
- *All mandatory hire equipment includes: Air tanks, weights, BC, Regulator, computer, wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins, boots, torch, safety sausage and whistle.
- Gloves are recommend when diving on wrecks (you can purchase gloves from $25)
- If you bring your own tanks, we can fill them for you after your dive ($10 per fill)
INDIVIDUAL HIRE ITEMS:
|$27.50||Nitrox 32% tank|
|$25||Regulator and Computer|
|$10||Mark, Snorkel, Fins, Boots|
BOOK ONLINE and SAVE $10
Enter Promo code ‘HAPPY DAYS’
GUARANTEED TRIP DEPARTURES (regardless of numbers)
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday (meet 8:00am, finish 1:00pm)
- Saturday & Sunday (meet 6:45am, finish 12pm OR meet 11:30am, finish 4:30pm)
Make it an experience and dive HMAS Brisbane when it suits you! If you prefer to dive an alternate day, we require a minimum of six divers to run.
For more detail, view our diving schedule.
DIVING CONDITIONS (weather)
View our diving conditions forecast page.
WHY BOOK WITH US?
GUARANTEED TRIP DEPARTURES
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday we guarantee your dive trip to the ex-HMAS Brisbane. We will run regardless of numbers. We meet at Scuba World at 8:00am during the week and 6:45am on weekends. View our more detailed diving schedule.
- Spend the 1 hour surface interval in the calm waters of Mooloolah River. This ensures a relaxing environment to enjoy delicious food & refreshments. We are the only operator that provides this service.
- We are located on the water
- It is a short 20 minute boat ride from The Wharf, Mooloolaba
- Full use of our loading zone to unload your equipment (directly in front of our shop)
- Free all day parking is available
- Full use of wash up facilities, toilet, hot shower and storage area
- Family owned and operated for more than 37 years
- Our team has a collective total of over 3000 dives on the wreck
A little about the marine life….
As you approach the forward gun, clownfish dash from their colourful, cascading anemones to greet Scuba World’s excited divers; blue and green wrasse join in the celebration in a colourful display. Watch Out! Copious octopus eyes watch your every move; scorpion fish smoothly disguise themselves in the all-encompassing coral growth, concealing every inch of the mighty warship. Can YOU uncover their magnificent camouflage abilities?
Venture inside to find majestic lion fish and puffers graciously moving with the gentle flow of the ocean. Massive schools of shiny bait fish part way as you swim through the spacious, awe inspiring sanctum that is the engine and boiler room. Will you jump with fright coming face to face with one of the many, massive, mysterious Queensland Groupers within the wreck?
The sandy sea floor is home to flathead, hermit crabs, the occasional lazy leopard shark or shovel nose ray and spectacular soaring bull rays.As you begin your graceful ascent to the warm rays of the surface, pelagic fish keep guard and batfish crowd around for the opportunity to play in your massaging bubbles.
Diving experts agree that the ex HMAS Brisbane is one of the best prepared ships to be scuttled anywhere in the world, creating a diving haven and magnificent artificial reef system. Have you been down on our wreck? Dive HMAS Brisbane to see this amazing site for yourself!
- The time listed on your confirmation email or an SMS it is when you need to meet at Scuba World, not the time our boat departs. You do not need to arrive early to get fitted out for hire equipment. The boat departs 1 HOUR after you arrive.
- Trips to dive ex-HMAS Brisbane are scheduled everyday
- Suitable for Open Water Divers (certified to 18 metres)
- You need to have dived from a boat and completed at least 1 dive to 12 metres. If you have not done this call our shop on (07) 54448595 or send us an email before you book online.
- Wreck certification is not a requirement to dive this site
- Depth ranges from 6 – 28 metres
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Guide proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 50 minutes
- EAN (nitrox) is available
- Diving by yourself? We will buddy you up with another diver with similar experience
- Over 250 species of recorded fish life
- Over 1,000 species of recorded of marine life
- More in-depth information about the ex-HMAS Brisbane
- Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DIVE? YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE A SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE
To find out more about Scuba Skills Update click here.