ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S TOP TEN DIVE SITES!
As you approach the forward gun, clownfish dash from their colourful, cascading anemones to greet Scuba World’s excited divers; blue and green wrasse join in the celebration in a colourful display. Watch Out! Copious octopus eyes watch your every move; scorpion fish smoothly disguise themselves in the all-encompassing coral growth, concealing every inch of the mighty warship. Can YOU uncover their magnificent camouflage abilities?
Venture inside to find majestic lion fish and puffers graciously moving with the gentle flow of the ocean. Massive schools of shiny bait fish part way as you swim through the spacious, awe inspiring sanctum that is the engine and boiler room. Will you jump with fright coming face to face with one of the many, massive, mysterious Queensland Groupers within the wreck?
The sandy sea floor is home to flathead, hermit crabs, the occasional lazy leopard shark or shovel nose ray and spectacular soaring bull rays.As you begin your graceful ascent to the warm rays of the surface, pelagic fish keep guard and batfish crowd around for the opportunity to play in your massaging bubbles.
Diving experts agree that the ex HMAS Brisbane is one of the best prepared ships to be scuttled anywhere in the world, creating a diving haven and magnificent artificial reef system. Have you been down on our wreck? Dive the HMAS Brisbane to see this amazing site for yourself!
|Half day trip (double dive)|
|$194||Hiring tanks & weights|
|$244||Hiring all equipment (no torch or gloves)|
BOOK ONLINE & SAVE $10 – Enter promotional code ‘online2015′
- Two dives on the ex-HMAS Brisbane wreck
- Experienced dive guides to dive the HMAS Brisbane on each trip. Our maximum ratio is one dive guide to six divers
- Light food and refreshments during your surface interval
- Your own safety sausage to keep when hiring all equipment ($10 value)
- Conservation Park fee ($8)
- Torch Hire (if you plan on entering the HMAS Brisbane during a dive, a torch is mandatory, these are $20 to hire)
- Gloves are recommend when diving on wrecks (you can purchase gloves from $20)
- If you bring your own tanks, we can fill them for you after your dive ($10 per fill)
WHY SCUBA WORLD?
- We are the closest dive shop to the ex-HMAS Brisbane. It is a short 20 minute boat ride from The Wharf Mooloolaba
- Private Marina – depart directly from Scuba World (you won’t waste time travelling to and from public jetties)
- We provide a complimentary pick up service within Maroochydore, Alex Heads, and Mooloolaba
- Free all day parking at Scuba World
- Full use of our loading zone to unload your equipment
- Full use of our wash up facilities, toilets, hot showers and storage area
- 100% safety record
- Family owned and operated for more than 34 years
- Our team is friendly, highly trained and very experienced
- Spend the 1 hour surface interval in the calm waters of Mooloolaba Bay. We care about your comfort
GUARANTEED TRIP DEPARTURES
- Scuba World guarantee trip departures on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays (the trip will run regardless of numbers). If you prefer to dive an alternate day, this is fine, we need a minimum of four divers to run.
- Trips to dive HMAS Brisbane are scheduled everyday
- Suitable for Open Water Divers (certified to 18 metres)
- Wreck certification is not a requirement to dive this site
- Depth ranges from 6 – 28 metres
- WH&SQ advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Guide proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 50 minutes
- EAN (nitrox) is available
- Diving by yourself? We will buddy you up with another diver with similar experience
- Over 250 species of recorded fish life
- Over 1,000 species of recorded of marine life
- More in-depth information about the ex-HMAS Brisbane
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DIVE? YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE A SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE
To find out more about Scuba Skills Update click here.
To find out more about Extended Scuba Skills Update click here.
Scuba World Online Waiver:
Complete our online waiver before you arrive (no need to print anything)
Step 1) Visit http://eaziwaiver.com
Step 2) Enter information, and complete Scuba World waiver
BOOK NOW BUY A GIFT VOUCHER