Although your diving certification is valid for life, Scuba World strongly recommends you dive at least six times per year to keep your skills proficient. A pool ‘check out’ dive consists of reviewing BASIC knowledge, skills and equipment handling techniques. This experience is perfect for divers who wish to refresh their skills before they dive the ex-HMAS Brisbane or Moololaba local reefs. After the successful completion of your boat dives a staff member will sign your logbook.
YOU MUST BOOK A DIVE ON THE WRECK OR LOCAL REEFS IN CONJUNCTION WITH A POOL CHECK OUT DIVE.
WHEN DOES A POOL ‘CHECK OUT’ DIVE NEED TO BE COMPLETED?
N.B. SCUBA WORLD STRONGLY RECOMMENDS EVERYONE SHOULD COMPLETE AN SSI SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE COURSE INSTEAD OF A POOL ‘CHECK OUT’ DIVE!
- $75 – scheduled dates
- $95 – unscheduled dates
- Friendly, experienced instructor
- All hire equipment
- Use of onsite training pool
Pool ‘check out’ dives are conducted in our on-site pool. These are run twice a week:
- Thursday afternoon from 3pm till 4pm
- Saturday afternoon from 3:30pm till 4:30pm
N.B. We can schedule pool ‘check out’ dives on other days however these are subject to availability and cost $95. To check availability call us on (07) 5444 8595 or drop into our shop.
REVISION SKILLS YOU WILL COMPLETE WHEN YOU BOOK A SCUBA WORLD POOL CHECK OUT DIVE:
- Pre-Dive Check
- Scuba System Assembly
- Putting on a Scuba Unit
- Entries and Exits
- Reminder about the Rules of Scuba Diving
- Hand Signal Review
- Buoyancy Check with a Total Diving System
- Controlled Descent
- Controlled Ascent
- Regulator Clearing (Purge and Exhale)
- Regulator Retrieval (Arm Sweep and Alternate)
- Mask Clearing (Full Flood and Removal)
- Neutral Buoyancy (Diving Position)
- Scuba Unit Disassembly
- Debriefing and Record Keeping