(SISOSCB317A) – COMPLETE A DIVE USING ENRICHED AIR NITROX
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality Nitrox course in Australia! Scuba World is also the only dive shop in Australia that is an Aqualung Partner Centre and Scuba Schools International (SSI) Diamond Dive Centre. This is the highest achievable level worldwide.
Our mission is simple; Create safe, comfortable, enthusiastic divers who always have a personal & enjoyable experience at Scuba World.
Have you ever dreamed of having longer no-decompression limits to take pictures or explore a wreck? Did you ever want to be safer while diving concerning the potential risk of decompression sickness?Nitrox is the key. Due to the reduced fraction of nitrogen in your breathing gas, your body will have less work and the desaturation times will be reduced.In your ENRICHED AIR NITROX (EAN) course you will learn all the necessary rules for planning dives with Nitrox and using Nitrox in a safe way. An important key point in the entire course is analyzing your own tank prior to any Nitrox dive.
“Nitrox for free” is a slogan in a lot of resorts. This means that you do not have to pay a surcharge for Nitrox, but all diving operators will want to see a valid Nitrox certificate before you can dive.
ENRICHED AIR NITROX contains optional dives and therefore it is a perfect “Winter Specialty” before your diving holiday starts. This will allow you to go diving immediately and enjoy the advantages of diving with Nitrox.
- Introduction to Nitrox
- Nitrox, Your Body and the Underwater World
- Your Total Diving System and Nitrox
- Planning Your Nitrox Dives
The primary goal of any SSI Specialty course is to teach you important skills in a fun environment. All courses are taught using home study, academic sessions, and in-water training.
Your SSI EAN Nitrox 40% Instructor will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Specialty Instructor rating
- Current certification in Apply First Aid, CPR, Oxygen Administration and TAE Certificate IV in Training and Assessing
- 500+ dives
- 5+ years’ experience
- Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment (SISOSCB317A)
- Internationally recognised certification card
- Specialty instructor for half a day
- All course materials
- 2 dives on 32% Nitrox (this can be done in your own time on the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs or ex-HMAS Brisbane wreck). For more information on the price of these dives call our shop on (07) 54448595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is run on Saturday or Sunday mornings from 8:30am – 11:30am or Thursday evenings from 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Structure: Academic session, analysing scuba tanks, exam and finalise paperwork
2017 COURSE DATES:
- Sunday 4 of June
- Thursday 20 of July
- Sunday 6 of August
- Thursday 14 of September
- Sunday 8 of October
- Thursday 23 of November
- Sunday 3 of December
A certified SSI EAN Nitrox Diver can dive anywhere in the world using up to 40% oxygen in their cylinder
- A minimum of two ocean dives on 32% nitrox is required to be certified
- Price subject to change without notice