After each days diving always wash the inside of your BC with fresh water. There are a lot of BC manufactures that promote 100% water tight BCs. In reality there is always going to be small amounts of salt water that enter your BC during your dive.
How to rinse/wash the inside of your BC:
- Half inflate your BC
- Hold the deflate button down while filling up the inside of the BC using a hose (approx 10-15 seconds).
- Fully inflate BC and spin the BC around in a 360 degree motion 2 or 3 times.
- Hold the BC upside down and press the deflate button to drain all the water out.
- You may need to squeeze (bear-hug) the BC to get all remaining water/air out.
- Always store your BC in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.