SISOSCB305A (COMPLETE UNDERWATER SEARCH AND RECOVERY DIVES)
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality Deep course in Australia! Scuba World is also the only dive shop in Australia that is an Aqualung Partner Centre and Scuba Schools International (SSI) Diamond Dive Centre. This is the highest achievable level worldwide.
Our mission is simple; Create safe, enthusiastic divers who always have an enjoyable experience at Scuba World.
|“Finding treasure is something every diver thinks of more than once in his/her diving career.”Whether it’s the gold of a sunken ship, a lost ring or simply your buddy’s dive light that was accidentally lost, there are times in which the appropriate training to search for lost objects underwater would be beneficial.SSI offers a structured program for SEARCH AND RECOVERY where you will learn to perform different search patterns with the help of ropes and compasses, and to plan search and recovery operations in a team.You will also learn the correct handling of one or more lifting bags in order to bring heavy objects securely to the surface.|
The primary goal of any SSI Specialty course is to teach you important skills in a fun environment. All courses are taught using home study, short academic sessions, and in-water training.
Your SSI Search & Recovery Instructor will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Specialty Instructor
- Current certification in Apply First Aid, CPR, Oxygen Administration and TAE Certificate IV in Training and Assessing
- 500+ dives
- 5+ years’ experience
- Perfect Buoyancy
- 12 logged dives
- Neptune SMB (ideally you would use a Halcyon SMB 1 metre (3.3ft) with a CC DAM)
- Spool Reef (ideally you would use a Halcyon Defender Pro 200 spool reel)
- Dive slate (any brand)
- Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment SISOSCB305A (complete underwater search and recovery dives)
- Internationally recognised certification card (on completion of course)
- Specialty Instructor for one full day
- Two ocean boat dives to the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs
- Tanks and weights
- All course materials
Day 1 | 8:30am – 5:30pm: Theory, exam and double dive on the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs
A certified SSI Search and Recovery diver can search and recover items when it’s safe and have the correct permission to do so.
- Hire equipment is an additional cost. To hire an Aqualung regulator with computer, Aqualung BCD and wetsuit is $50 for the day.
- A minimum of two divers is required to start this course
- Price subject to change without notice