WHAT IS A MASTER DIVER?
SSI’s Master Diver rating is one of the most elite ratings in diving today. Divers that have completed this level have combined the knowledge, skills and experience to truly call themselves Master Divers.
To earn the certification for Master Diver, you must complete 4 specialty courses, Diver Stress & Rescue and have done a total of 50 dives.
WHY BECOME A MASTER DIVER?
Enrolling in the Master Diver package is a great way to increase your knowledge and hone your skills and learn new ones. Combining knowledge & skills with experience & equipment guarantees you will be the most safe, confident and comfortable diver possible!
HOW DO I BECOME ONE?
- Complete your Deep, Navigation, Nitrox, Perfect Buoyancy, Stress Rescue, First Aid and Oxygen Administration courses
- Show proof of 50 or more logged dives in your logbook
WHY DID THE SCUBA WORLD TEAM CHOOSE DEEP, NAVIGATION, PERFECT BUOYANCY, NITROX, STRESS RESCUE, FIRST AID AND OXYGEN ADMINISTRATION COURSES FOR THIS PACKAGE?
- Deep diving allows you to explore beyond 18 and even 30 metres. However diving deeper adds additional risks to your dive. It’s vital to know exactly what and how to avoid any unsafe diving practices so you can always enjoy each diving experience.
- Navigation will give you the skills not to get lost underwater which is usually one of the major concerns for a diver. Getting lost causes a lot of stress both above and below the water. Not relying on a dive guide to navigate will provide you with more confidence and comfort.
- Every diver you speak to would love to stay down a little longer to keep taking photos, video or searching for amazing marine life. Nitrox allows you to do this. Whenever you’re dealing with different gas mixtures it’s vital to know exactly what to do and how to do it.
- We know to protect the beautiful Coral Reefs every diver has to have PERFECT Buoyancy.
- Stress is never enjoyable, especially whilst underwater. This course teaches you the importance of identifying stress before it even becomes a problem. This is the most recommended course by all dive professionals working in the industry.
- Not only are First Aid and Oxygen Administration prerequisites to be certified for Stress Rescue. They’re very important to have as a certified diver. Oxygen is highly recommended when a diver suffers from decompression sickness. Also, from time to time divers need basic First Aid for cuts, abrasions, stings, etc.
$1,649 (save $405!)
We have regular Deep, Navigation, Nitrox, Perfect Buoyancy, Stress Rescue, First Aid and Oxygen Administration courses scheduled on the Dive Planner.
- The Deep, Navigation, and Stress Rescue courses have equipment requirements
- Hire equipment is an additional cost. Aqualung BCD, Aqualung Regulator with computer is $40 per day
- To be certified in Stress Rescue you need to have a current First Aid and Oxygen Administration certification
- Ocean dives aren’t included only for the Nitrox & Perfect Buoyancy course. You can complete the 2 required ocean dives for the Nitrox & Perfect Buoyancy course on the ex-HMAS Brisbane or the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs at a time that suits you