Learn to Dive
(SISOSCB301A) SCUBA DIVE TO MAX DEPTH OF 18 METRES
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality learn to dive course in Australia!
Our mission is simple; create safe, enthusiastic divers who always have an enjoyable experience at Scuba World.
Why else to choose Scuba World?
- Our course numbers are kept to a maximum of four students per instructor to guarantee one-on-one attention. Many dive courses have up to ten students.
- Highly qualified team – Our instructors hold the highest dive qualification in the world, a Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment Certificate IV in Training and Accessing, a Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment Certificate in Apply First Aid (formally Senior First Aid), Perform CPR and Oxygen Administration.
- Your course includes four training dives ranging between 12 and 18 metres on the beautiful Coral Reefs off Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast. Our modern, custom built 11.3 metre dive boat comfortably fits 16 divers and every trip includes morning tea. The majority of diving you do in Queensland will be conducted off a boat, so it is vital for your safety to learn to dive off a boat in your open water course. Some courses in Queensland will offer shore diving to a maximum depth of just six metres.
- Your instructor will spend 32 hours with you over four days. This amount of time and personal attention will guarantee you will be safe, confident and comfortable in the ocean. Some open water courses offered in Queensland run for just two days and only allow instructors to spend about 14 hours with their students. These inferior courses produce less safe divers.
- 12 months interest free available – Would you love to learn to dive now? Take advantage of our 12 months interest free. We have chosen to partner with Lombard Finance who is a leading, Australia owned consumer finance company. Lombard Finance offer easy online or in store application process, multiple payment methods, no early repayment penalties and a low cost application.
Save time, apply online from the comfort of your home or work before you see us. It’s very easy!
- Click the ‘APPLY NOW’ banner below
- Complete the relevant sections
- Call our shop on 1300 677 094 to inform us that you have been approved
- Come into our store to sign a few forms and enrol in the learn to dive course
From $695 or $18 a week. (our course prices fluctuate due to demand – view our course schedule for accurate pricing)
The Cost Includes:
- All course materials
- Two full days training in the pool (this is the most important part of your training)
- Sausage sizzle at the pool
- Instructor for the four full days
- Two half day trips (four ocean boat dives) to the Coral Reefs off Mooloolaba, aboard our modern 11.3 metre custom built dive boat
- Delicious morning tea and light refreshments during boat dives
- Use of air delivery system (Regulator), information system (Computer) and buoyancy control system (BC).
- Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment (SISOSCB301A) (on completion of course)
- SSI Open Water Diver Certification Card (internationally recognised licence)
- Hire of Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots ($25/day to hire or purchase your own equipment from us)
UNIQUE SCUBA WORLD OFFER:
We offer regular full time and weekend courses. For more information on exact dates please view our learn to dive schedule.
Day 1 | 7:30am – 5pm: Onsite training pool and theory
Day 2 | 7:30am – 5pm: Kawana Aquatic Centre training pool and exam
Day 3 | 7:15am – 2:30pm: Two ocean boat dives (max depth 14 metres)
Day 4 | 7:15am – 3:00pm: Two ocean boat dives (max depth 18 metres), presented with certification card and graduation pack
As of 28 June, 2013 a dive medical is only required if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
Those with an at risk medical condition; or are over 45 years of age; or have a body mass index (BMI) over 30 AND a waist circumference greater than 102cm for males and 88cm for females.
If you fall into one or more of these categories you will need to obtain a diving medical (AS4005.1) The cost is roughly $75 – $95 and takes about 45 minutes to complete with a registered diving doctor.
Not sure if you have an at risk medical condition? If you answer YES to any of the questions in this medical statement, you will need to obtain a dive medical.
Find a local diving doctor in your area or find out more information about diving medicals…
One of the course requirements is to demonstrate water proficiency skills. This includes a 200m swim (no time limit, any stroke) and a 10-minute survival float.
Scuba World offers the ultimate in diver training with personalised courses available. You will still receive the highest quality training with the option of doing it by yourself or with a friend/ family member. The course dates can also be arranged to suit your schedule. Call the shop on 1300 677 094 to find out more about this course.
How to book?
CLICK HERE to book your Open Water dive course today and get a qualification that will allow you to dive anywhere in the amazing underwater world.