Learn to Dive Course
(SISOSCB301A) SCUBA DIVE TO MAX DEPTH OF 18 METRES
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality learn to dive course in Australia!
Our mission is simple; create safe, enthusiastic divers who always have an enjoyable experience at Scuba World.
WHY SCUBA WORLD?
- Maximum of 4 students in each course
- 4 amazing boat dives to the beautiful Mooloolaba Coral Reef
- Friendly, highly trained and experienced instructors
- All course materials
- Two full days training in the pool (this is the most important part of your training)
- Sausage sizzle at the pool
- Instructor for the four full days
- Two half day trips (four ocean boat dives) to the Coral Reefs off Mooloolaba, aboard our modern 11.3 metre custom built dive boat
- Delicious morning tea and light refreshments during boat dives
- Use of air delivery system (Regulator), information system (Computer) and buoyancy control system (BC).
- Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment (SISOSCB301A) (on completion of course)
- SSI Open Water Diver Certification Card (internationally recognised licence)
Your personal snorkelling system.
You will enjoy your diving a lot more if you have your own professional fit Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots. These packages range from $350 to $600.
You also have the option to hire this equipment for $25 a day. If you decide to purchase your Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots package from Scuba World during your course the $25 a day you paid for hire will be credited towards your package.
SPECIAL – Purchase your Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots from Scuba World during your course and receive a gift voucher for two dives on the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs (valued at $209)!
N.B. your personal snorkelling system needs to be purchased or hired from Scuba World to be able to complete your learn to dive course with us.
UNIQUE SCUBA WORLD OFFER:
We offer regular full time and weekend courses. For more information on exact dates please view our learn to dive schedule.
Day 1 | 7:30am – 5:00pm: Onsite pool and theory
Day 2 | 7:30am – 5:00pm: Kawana Aquatic Centre pool and exam
Day 3 | 7:00am – 3:00pm: Two boat dives (max depth 12 metres) and paperwork
Day 4 | 7:00am – 3:30pm: Two boat dives (max depth 18 metres), paperwork and presented with graduation pack
As of 28 June, 2013 a dive medical is only required if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
Those with an at risk medical condition; or are over 45 years of age; or have a body mass index (BMI) over 30 AND a waist circumference greater than 102cm for males and 88cm for females.
If you fall into one or more of these categories you will need to obtain a diving medical (AS4005.1) The cost is roughly $75 – $95 and takes about 45 minutes to complete with a registered diving doctor.
Not sure if you have an at risk medical condition? If you answer YES to any of the questions in this medical statement, you will need to obtain a dive medical.
Find a local diving doctor in your area or find out more information about diving medicals.
One of the course requirements is to demonstrate water proficiency skills. This includes a 200m swim (no time limit, any stroke) and a 10-minute survival float.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?:
Click here to read our frequently asked questions. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered in our FAQ’s send an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgBook Online Now
Buy a Gift Voucher