Next trip: 31 October 2015
Henderson Rock is located 4.5 km off the eastern side of Moreton Island.
The ‘rock’ consists of several extensive granite outcrops. From the top of the pinnacle, which lies at about 12 m, the rock slopes gradually at first, then more steeply to about 24 m. Before the 24 m mark there are several ledges, overhangs, and caves. The area is characterised by kelp beds on the western side leading into bare rock on the top of the site, which then leads to several 2 m high walls with hidden swimthroughs.
There are also large caverns located further away from the site, at a depth of around 25 m. To the south and east of the base of the pinnacle there is a long deep gutter that leads roughly south to about 22 m. It is here that grey nurse sharks are often encountered.
WHY SCUBA WORLD?
- We are the closest dive shop to Moreton Bay Marine Park. Only a 60 minute boat ride from our shop
- Private Marina – depart directly from Scuba World (you won’t waste time travelling to and from public jetties)
- We provide a complimentary pick up service within the local area
- Free all day parking at Scuba World
- Full use of our loading zone to unload your equipment
- Full use of our wash up facilities, toilets, hot showers and storage area
- 100% safety record
- Family owned and operated for more than 34 years
- Our team is friendly, highly trained and very experienced
- Opportunity for 3 dives @ Moreton Bay Marine Park
- All trips meet 6am at Scuba World and return at 3pm
- Depth ranges from 15 to 45 metres
- Need to be Deep certified
- WH&SQ advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Guide proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 45 minutes
- EAN (nitrox) is available and highly recommended
- Torch is mandatory to enter the wreck ($20 to hire)
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DIVE? YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE A SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE
To find out more about Scuba Skills Updates click here.
To find out more about Extended Scuba Skills Updates click here.
|$309||Hiring tanks & weights|
|$359||Hiring all mandatory equipment|
- Three dives at Moreton Bay Marine Park (Cherubs Cave, Cement Co & Turtle Cleaning Station)
- Experienced dive guides on each trip. Our maximum ratio is one dive guide to six divers
- Delicious lunch and refreshments
- Your own safety sausage to keep ($10 value)
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
If the weather is uncomfortable to travel to or from Moreton Bay Marine Park, we will dive the ex-HMAS Brisbane or the Gneerings as an alternate location. You will receive a refund based on the difference between a 3 dive trip to Moreton Bay Marine Park and a double dive on the wreck. If the weather is unsafe for both locations, the trip can be transferred to another date or a full refund will be provided – it is your choice.