(SISOSCB311A) – TAKE STILL PHOTOGRAPHS UNDERWATER
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality Photography course in Australia! Scuba World is also the only dive shop in Australia that is an Aqualung Partner Centre and Scuba Schools International (SSI) Diamond Dive Centre. This is the highest achievable level worldwide.
Our mission is simple; Create safe, enthusiastic divers who always have an enjoyable experience at Scuba World.
|“By the time diving was difficult, photography was also difficult.”Today these facts have changed completely. Now diving and photography with a digital camera system have become very easy.Many of you may already have a digital camera system and a proper underwater housing. As such, it’s likely you are asking yourself how to take better pictures. Now a structured program is available to answer your digital underwater photography questions which means more fun and satisfaction in diving.The DIGITAL UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY course can be learned in the pool/confined water or directly in the open water. This makes this a perfect “winter specialty” which can be done just before your diving holiday starts.|
The primary goal of any SSI Specialty course is to teach you important skills in a fun environment. All courses are taught using home study, short academic sessions, and in-water training.
Your SSI Digital Underwater Photography Instructor will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Specialty Instructor
- Current certification in Apply First Aid, CPR, Oxygen Administration and TAE Certificate IV in Training and Assessing
- 500+ dives
- 5+ years’ experience
- Perfect Buoyancy certification
- Show proof of 24 or more logged dives
- Camera and underwater housing ideally with at least one strobe (any brand)
- Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment (SISOSCB311A)
- Internationally recognised certification card (on completion of course)
- Specialty instructor for two full days
- Professional photographer as an assistant to the Specialty Instructor
- Pool fees
- Two ocean boat dives to the Coral Reefs
- Tanks and weights
- All course materials
2015 COURSE DATES:
- Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 of October
Day 1 | 8:30am – 5:00pm: Academic session, exam, pool session and review of photos taken in the pool
Day 2 | 11:45am – 6pm: Double dive on the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs, a review of photos taken in the ocean and finalise paperwork
A certified SSI Digital Underwater Photography Diver is equipped with the knowledge and skills to take great underwater photos
- Hire equipment is an additional cost. To hire an Aqualung regulator with computer, Aqualung BCD and wetsuit is $100 for the 2 days.
- This course is subject to minimum numbers (two certified divers)
- Price subject to change without notice