(SISOSCB306A) – PERFORM DIVER RESCUES
Scuba World is one of only three dive shops in Queensland that can offer you both an Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment and Internationally recognised certification card. These two qualifications guarantee you will receive the safest and highest quality Rescue course in Australia! Scuba World is also the only dive shop in Australia that is an Aqualung Partner Centre and Scuba Schools International (SSI) Diamond Dive Centre. This is the highest achievable level worldwide.
Our mission is simple; Create safe, comfortable, enthusiastic divers who always have a personal & enjoyable experience at Scuba World.
“Be prepared for those unexpected emergencies.”Stress is a major contributor to rescue situations and diving accidents. Through this course you will learn accident prevention, as well as how to handle problem situations if they occur.The program is about avoiding, recognizing and solving problems on the surface and underwater.The course runs for two days in which you will participate in academic and in-water sessions in the pool and in the open water. As a prerequisite for certification you need to have a valid CPR, First Aid & Oxygen Provider certificate.
- What Is Stress?
- Stress In Diving: Causes And Prevention
- Detecting And Dealing With Stress
- Accident Management
- Skills Needed To Deal With Panic And Rescues
- Conditions That Complicate Rescues
The primary goal of any SSI Specialty course is to teach you important skills in a fun environment. All courses are taught using home study, short academic sessions, and in-water training.
Your SSI Diver Stress & Rescue Instructor will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Specialty Instructor
- Current certification in Apply First Aid, CPR, Oxygen Administration and TAE Certificate IV in Training and Assessing
- 500+ dives
- 5+ years’ experience
- Show proof of 12 or more logged dives
- Neptune SMB (ideally you would use a Halcyon SMB 1 metre (3.3ft) with a CC DAM)
- Dive slate (any brand)
- Primary torch (any brand)
- Compass (any brand)
- Australian Government Nationally Recognised Training Statement of Attainment (SISOSCH306A)
- Internationally recognised certification card
- First Aid (including CPR) & Basic Oxygen certifications
- Specialty instructor for two full days
- Pool fees
- Four-hour ocean session aboard the Scuba World dive vessel
- Tanks and weights
- All course materials
2017 COURSE DATES:
- Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 of April
- Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 of June
- Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 of August
- Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 of November
- Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 of December
Day 1 | 8:15am – 5:00pm: Academic session, exam and pool session
Day 2 | 7:00am – 5:00pm: First Aid & Basic Oxygen session, Ocean session aboard the Scuba World dive vessel and finalise paperwork
A certified SSI Stress & Rescue Diver is equipped with the knowledge and skills to handle any situation.
- A valid Apply First Aid, CPR and Basic Oxygen Nationally Recognised Statements of Attainments must be presented before we can issue you with your Diver Stress & Rescue certification
- You’ll receive the following discount if you have current certifications for the following courses:
- First Aid (including CPR) – $50
- CPR – $25
- Basic oxygen – $50
- Hire equipment is an additional cost. To hire an Aqualung regulator with computer, Aqualung BCD and wetsuit is $110 for the 2 days.
- A minimum of two divers is required to start this course
- Price subject to change without notice