EXTENDED SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE INFORMATION
Although your certification card is valid for a lifetime, Scuba World recommends you dive at least four to six times per year to keep your skills proficient. If you have not been diving for longer than 5 years but less than 10 years Scuba World recommends that you update your skills with a Scuba World staff member. This is called an extended scuba skills update and consists of reviewing basic knowledge, skills and equipment handling techniques. Scuba World will sign your logbook with an official stamp.
If you haven’t dived for more than 10 years Scuba World requires you to do a complete Open Water course.
- $495 – when you book on our scheduled dates
- $545 – when you book outside our scheduled dates
- Two half day sessions with a friendly, highly trained and experienced Dive Control Specialist (assistant Instructor) with a minimum of 100 days
- Double dive on the ex-HMAS Brisbane wreck (dive trip includes delicious light food, refreshments and the Conservation Park fee)
- 3 hours training in our custom made, heated onsite pool
- Tank, weights and all hire equipment
- Online training
- On the last weekend of every month
8:00am – 9:30am: Review session and exam
9:30am – 10:00am: Equipment counselling session (optional)
10:00am – 1:00pm: Pool session in our onsite pool
1:00pm – 1:30pm: Rinse equipment and sign off log book
6:45am – 12:30pm: Double dive on the ex-HMAS Brisbane or Mooloolaba Coral Reefs
12:30pm – 1:00pm: Sign off your dive log
- Sign a deed of assumption of risk
- Maximum of 4 people in the pool session of your course
- Maximum of 6 people in your group when you dive the ex-HMAS Brisbane or Mooloolaba Coral Reefs
- You may need to receive a diving medical. Read the information below to see if this applies to you. Those with an at risk medical condition; or are over 45 years of age; or have a body mass index (BMI) over 30 AND a waist circumference greater than 102cm for males and 88cm for females. If you fall into one or more of these categories you will need to obtain a diving medical (AS4005.1) The cost is roughly $75 – $95 and takes about 45 minutes to complete with a registered diving doctor. Not sure if you have an at risk medical condition? If you answer YES to any of the questions in this medical statement, you will need to obtain a dive medical. Find a local diving doctor in your area or find out more information about diving medicals.