SCHEDULED TRIPS TO CHERUBS CAVE RUN APRIL TO NOVEMBER
We run last minute trips during summer when the weather is beautiful.
The staff at Scuba World rate Cherubs Cave as their #1 Coral Reef dive in South East Queensland
|$269 ($259 if booked online)||No equipment required|
|$356 ($346 if booked online)||Hiring 2 x Nitrox 34% and 1 x Nitrox 36% tanks & weights|
|$401 ($391 if booked online)||Hiring all mandatory equipment inc 3 x Nitrox|
- Three dives at Moreton Bay Marine Park (Cherubs Cave Double & Henderson Rock single)
- Experienced dive guides on each trip. Our maximum ratio is one dive guide to six divers
- Lunch and refreshments
BOOK NOW & SAVE $10 – Enter promotional code ‘HAPPYDAYS’
2017 DIVING DATES
- Thursday 4 of May – meet 7:00am, depart 8:00am, return 4:30pm
- Saturday 3 of June – meet 7:00am, depart 8:00am, return 4:30pm
- Thursday 6 of July – meet 7:00am, depart 8:00am, return 4:30pm
- Tuesday 5 of September – meet 7:00am, depart 8:00am, return 4:30pm
- Sunday 8 of October – meet 7:00am, depart 8:00am, return 4:30pm
- Thursday 2 of November – meet 7:00am, depart 8:00am, return 4:30pm
DIVING CONDITIONS (weather)
For accurate, current diving conditions click here.
Cherubs Cave is located 4.1 km off the eastern side of Moreton Island, near Henderson Rock. The depth at the site varies from 14m – 30m on the main bommie. The main bommie consists of a single characteristic rock that extends out in a northerly direction. The area between this main bommie and others located around the site is abundantly covered with kelp.
Cherubs Cave is named after a cave system located under a large circular shaped bommie on the north-west side of the main bommie. The cave has four entrances that are difficult to find as they are covered with kelp. Once in the cave, light penetrates through the other entrances, aiding navigation. The maximum height of the cave is 12m.
This dive site boasts a large variety of marine life which includes an abundance of Grey Nurse Sharks, different varieties of Cod and Grouper, Anemones and Clown Fish on top of an abundance of macro life for the avid photographer. This site has something for everyone!
WHY SCUBA WORLD?
- We boast the quickest travel time to Cherubs Cave. Only an 80 minute boat ride from our shop
- Private Marina – depart directly from Scuba World, Mooloolaba
- Free all day parking at Scuba World
- Full use of our loading zone to unload your equipment
- Full use of our wash up facilities, toilets, hot showers and storage area
- Family owned and operated since 1979.
- Our team is friendly, highly trained and very experienced
- When you see a time on your confirmation email or an SMS it is when you need to meet at Scuba World, not the time our boat departs. You do not need to arrive early to get fitted out for hire equipment. There is more than enough time to do this between the time you arrive and when the boat departs.
- We offer regular 3 dive days to Cherubs Cave, and Henderson’s Rock from June to December
- All trips meet at 7am at Scuba World and return at about 4:30pm
- You need to have your Nitrox, Advanced or Deep certification to dive these dive sites
- Depth ranges from 15 to 30 metres
- DECOMPRESSION DIVING is allowed if you hold adequate certifications. We will be at Cherubs Cave from 9:30am till 12:30pm, then we move to Henderson 1:30-2:30.
- WH&SQ advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Guide proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 45 minutes, unless completing an extended range dive at Cherubs.
- EAN (nitrox) certification is required for this trip (all 3 dives)
- Diving by yourself? We will buddy you up with another diver with similar experience
WHEN WAS YOUR LAST DIVE? YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE A SCUBA SKILLS UPDATE
To find out more about Scuba Skills Updates click here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
If the weather is uncomfortable to travel to or from Moreton Bay Marine Park, we will dive the ex-HMAS Brisbane or the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs as an alternate location. You will receive a refund based on the difference between a 3 dive trip to Moreton Bay Marine Park and a double dive on the wreck. If the weather is unsafe for both locations, the trip can be transferred to another date or a full refund will be provided – it is your choice.